Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stuck In Amman Airport

On my way to my Heathrow I realised that my layover in Amman was not 4 hours but instead 7 hours. So I began SMSing Kiki from Heathrow to see how I could meet up with him. Left Heathrow a little late. Land in Amman call up Kiki to check all's good. Grab a cab to the city and find him and Omar. We go to Noise's. Drink whiskey. I haven't seen these guys in over a year. I was really glad to see them. Kiki had arranged for the cab that was to take me back a little later than I had hoped, but I made it back in time for my flight. Which was delayed by half an hour or an hour. I was supposed to get on an Iraqi Airways flight but the airline was Lebanese and called 'Flying Carpet'.I get into a seat near the middle emergency exit, the one with the extra leg room and pass out. I wake up later, I don't know how much later since I broke my watch a couple of weeks ago. Looking out of the window it looked alot like Amman, which it was. And people were queuing up to get off the plane. Those passengers were told to sit back down. The guy next to me told me that we had flown out and some technical problem occured whilst in flight and so we came back to Amman airport. Now we're back in that space between Security and the gates. I'm exhausted, I need to take a glorious dump. And I've finished all my cigarettes, mostly whilst I was at Noise's drinking. And over here they only sell cartons. Still don't know what's going to happent to us. I'll just be following the herd.

No comments: