Saturday, June 11, 2005

Losing My Touch

The PC seems to work on it's own again. I can no point the fan at myself. The weather today isn't so hot however. Today is a little windy. There's a bit of dust in the air, which has a cooling effect. A couple of nights ago, I went to an old relative of mine with Fozzy to give her measly share of the sale of last year's rice harvest and a couple of sacks of our fine 'Amba' rice. My relative and her husband hosted us in their front garden. They remarked that the climate in Baghdad used to be alot cooler 30 years ago. Baghdad was probably half the size it is now, and the remainder was farm land.

I had a go at my dad over the phone last night because he won't help me settle in the UK. I don't know if there's any point yapping at him.

I woke up at 11 AM today. I've been sleeping late the past few days and haven't been taking care of things. Dropped off the car with Nahida at the mechanic to have some kind of joints between the wheels and the chassis repaired. The risk of not repairing them involves the wheel breaking off while speeding. Very scary! I'm not sure when I'm supposed to go back to pick it up. Well that's another few hundred bucks out the window.

5 days have passed since we picked up the application form for the Hunter's Club, it's still not filled and ready. I got to get in gear again. I also need a hair cut.

No comments: