Monday, February 26, 2007

Od's Back Home

At eight o'clock last night, Od's mum called to say that Od came home and to pass the news onto Nahida. A couple hours later I called Od but didn't speak much with him because he complained about his throat about to burst from talking too much. He asked how I had heard he'd been caught and how did I hear he'd come home. He's already had a fight with his mum. His mum wants him to leave the country where as he wants to stay. He said he got treated very well and that they didn't hurt him at all. I wish Nawf was here so we could beat him up ourselves.

Yesterday I woke up with a bone or hard bump sticking out of the underside of my wrist. And the evening before the occasional gentle pain, that I had been getting ever since an Iraqi doctor gave me some weak treatment for that tick bite, began to move upwards. So I got myself the antibiotics that are recommended for treating lyme's disease in its early stage. If only I got the swelling checked out when it first appeared in the UK, I wouldn't be so hypochondriac about it.

I was planning to start to make healthier choices after I was done with my midyears. But getting into gear is still a work in progress. I've got to stop eating copious amounts of rice for example. Hanging out with Miz was part of the plan. Classes at his college resumed last week and he didn't show up till yesterday to find out he has a test today but he's not going to take it. we were supposed to start going to the club to check out the swimming pool and play tennis. But the punk is always too busy and keeps telling me he'll pass by tomorrow.

Mum e-mailed me yesterday to say that my cousin's wife has given birth. So I called him to congratulate him and stuff. He asked me if I had heard about the suicide bomber that hit so and so university. I told him that I hadn't. He then went on to tell me that he was there taking an exam when it happened. It'd would have really sucked if the poor guy got killed the day after his son was born. And it was around about this time last year that his dad had died from bad health.

I wonder what I'm going to do today. Probably nothing like the past few days. I'm going to play Scrabble on my mobile phone now.


snafoo said...

Glad all went well for Od. Tell him to stop that suspicious behaviour, like having a license plate from the province where he lives. :|

Anonymous said...

Bet the knot on your wrist is a ganglion cyst. Harmless and no treatment necessary. Your fertile mind can probably be better occupied. I do so enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

focus your senses again, remember when i used to talk to you about that stuff?
cut down on sunflower seeds, they have benefits (good for the brain, high in protein), but very fatty and salty too.
keep me posted on your whereabouts this summer, i might be moving around a lot.

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad that your friend is safe and back home again. I can't imagine the fright.

I've been reading your blog for some time now and have enjoyed seeing a slice of life going on in Bahgdad.

Stay safe,

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your friend is alive and well.
Yes, you probably have a ganglion on your wrist. This can be surgically removed if it grows bigger and causes pain etc.

Sang J. Moon said...

Treated well? Actually, that's the first time I have heard that someone has been treated well while in custody. Is this the norm and just been underreported or is this the exception?