Saturday, April 23, 2005

An ant with wings is in my room

Today I attended a wedding party. It was pretty nice. The music wasn't as loud as I expected. Usually it's so loud one can't hear oneself think. Another plus was that I wasn't expected to dance. Supposedly men from the bride's side shouldn't dance according to some people which was the card that my friend the brother of the bride was using. And the whole thing lasted less than 4 hours.

There was a strangely funny incident just as the wedding ended and everybody had left. We heard some yelling behind us. The wedding photographer was disputing his fee and had threatened to publish a photograph in a newspaper shouldn't he receive the full amount he asked for. This enraged the people on the groom's behalf. The whole little thing didn't last more than 5 minutes but was quite loud. It's funny because had a photographer offered to show a picture of someone's wedding in some other country it would be most welcomed.

When I got home I found out that the electricity schedule has become 2 hours of electricity for every 6 hours of no electricity. This summer looks like it's going to get really nasty. This bloody ant has got to die, it keeps startling me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm, Shaggy?

Is "an ant with wings" a termite?

Or just an ant with wings?

PS -- Did you see "Bend it like Bekham?" There's a really funny bit near the end of the movie where about 8 people are fighting with the wedding video-guy.

PPS - Why'd ya not want to dance?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was from Tilli (Mojave Desert)

Stay cool!