Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Got A New Phone

Yeah yeah yeah, I got a new phone finally. After one month of bearing that piece of crap Nokia 1100 which had a faulty IC chip that made the phone turn off whenever I spoke through it.

So now I'm the pround owner of the Nokia 1101.

Mum left yesterday, she left the house at around 7 AM to go to the airport. She had to wait about 12 hours for her delayed plane. I've no idea how she bore through those hours and keep her sanity.

So things are back to normal at home.

I'm enjoying the vacation. I spent all afternoon with Nahida's brothers. One of them boozed me up with Arak (Alcohol commonly made from aniseed, but in Iraq it's made from dates). You can make nearly anything out of dates (something the sanctions proved during a period of which Saddam banned manufacturing with the use of sugar).

Dad's been calling alot lately. I don't know what's going on with him. He's usually too frugal to make international phone calls.

Should be going to the farm in a couple of days.

No comments: