Friday, March 24, 2006

Damn Pirated DVDs

Saw K today. The first thing I noticed about him is how pale he's become from the lack of sun he gets in the UK. He got me some books to read. He got India the whole Friends collection. I'm glad to have K back in town.

I didn't get to see 'Waiting...' or 'Rent' yesterday. They were both 'cinema' copies. The kind that was filmed within a cinema that is. That really pissed me off. I got 4 films so far from that DVD store so far, and 3 of them turned out to be 'cinema' copies. He's a fair guy and told me that I can switch them if they turn out to be 'cinema' copies. But it's really too much effort if I have to keep returning 3 out of every 4 films. I'm just going to have to keep swaping these 2 DVDs till I got a couple good ones. And not buy anymore.

My belly is growing out of control. My shirts are about to pop. All part of being Iraqi. I'm hungry, the internet makes me hungry somehow. I'm not getting any studying done. It's terrible. Next thing I know I'll be overwhelmed by tests.

So I'm getting really bored these days. I've installed mIRC on my pc. I don't really know how to use it for anything besides chatting. I can't seem to find any Iraqis there either. I tried #iraq channel on undernet. And they don't accept visitors. The punks.

I've been listening to alot politics the past couple of days from cab drivers and friends. From what I understand things are not good at all. I don't think we have a democracy anymore.

No comments: