Sunday, March 19, 2006

Happy Pancake Day

After 5 days of whining about wanting some from Nahida, she finally made me pancakes today.

Got no college for the next 3 days. A great chance to catch up some material. I'd suprise myself if I did more than 2 hours worth.

I watched Schindlers Liste today. What a great experience it is to start watching a movie and finish it hours later. I didn't understand how the man died though.

Yeah it looks like I've got a long boring night ahead of me again. Earlier I started reading that book I got. I fell asleep on page 36. It's looking good so far. It takes place during the 50s. The fifties must've been great.

When I was a kid I remember thinking that the world is always becoming better. Now I lean more towards the belief, that the world is just getting worse. People used to work and participate in society until a later age than now. Companies paid more taxes than citizens. Artisan work was still flourishing. I imagine people were happier.

People had more freedom to think, sure enough social barriers, taboos and injustices have been set right since then, but so many new ones have been built under our noses and without control such as the need to look beautiful or the want to have more than we need, and a largening of the gap between the rich and the poor or big brother governments.

And Iraq was a better place.

No comments: