Wednesday, March 15, 2006

One More Minute

And the power should go out just about now... uhh any second now...

Still not gone.

It's 4 AM. It's been a while since I've been awake this late. Doing this from time to time is pretty funky. Sitting at home, with the lights off, everybody's asleep, feeling a little drowsy but with no will to surrender to sleep.

And then someone from out of the blue appears on-line on msn messenger. I paused at that name earlier today while going through all the names on the list. This one in particular is one of those that I haven't spoken to in years. First time since that I've seen them on-line. I wonder in what time zone she lives in. Oh she's gone off-line, that was quick.

I'm spending way too much time on the internet. I might get piles again.

8 minutes past 4, and the power is still not gone.

I just finished watching Lord of War. Certainly an entertaining movie. Damn I'm hungry and ready to sleep. But armed with cigarettes to last through the night I fight. I remember hearing that sleep is the brother of death. Oh she's back on-line. No I'm not going to initiate a conversation. My batteries are too low.

In 5 hours I've got a bleeding pathetic test that I haven't studied for yet. I could probably get a just barely failing mark without studying, and make up for it with ease. The stupid things I study. I really hate my major.

I really need to find some food. I've got some Hob-Nobs stashed away, but I'm saving those for a farm trip. When I took a peak at the cupboard I also saw some Robinson's Minced Meat. Hey I wonder if they still put a picture of a scallywag... Nope no scallywag. Did have a picture of Willy Wonka as depicted by the artist, forgot his name, that illustrated the books. It had something to with some Roal Dahl promotion. Did you know that Roal Dahl has been to Iraq? As an RAF pilot. In his autobiography there's a pic of these amazing arches that I got to see a few years ago, when Kiko and his mate came from Lebanon for a visit.

It's a good thing that the mince meat won't expire for another 2 years. Cause I haven't got the foggiest clue of how to cook that stuff.

The things I miss to eat in the UK... Scotch Eggs, Cornish Pasties, Minced Pies, Jam filled donuts covered in sugar and a Full English Breakfast from a greasy spoon cafe. Oh and burgers from Schwartz! But the Scotch Eggs are my favourite.

I'm starting to get worried about that blood test result. I still haven't gone to the hospital to check it out further.

4 more hours till the test. I wonder when I should start studying.

And the power's gone. So did my internet connection, but it's back now. Nahida just had a go at me for being awake.

I'm thinking tea now... Just made myself a mug of peppermint tea, too lazy to add honey. I just walked past the window I opened earlier and now I'm cold.

Peppermint tea is good, and since I recycled the mug there's still a taste of honey.

I might run out of smokes soon. What would I do then? Probably fall asleep. I don't think I've much of a choice, cause I'm ready to go. Damn with only 3 and a half hours to go for the test. Let's see half an hour to shower, shave and get dressed and another half hour for breakfast, an hour to get to uni. That means I should start getting ready in just over an hour.

I can hear the morning birds chirping.

I can barely type anymore. Will I sleep or not? I don't know.

No comments: