Monday, March 06, 2006

Home Just Before Sunset

Checking out the prices for a DSL connection at home at the Uruklink website. Uruklink is part of the State Company For Internet Services (I think that's what the SCIS acronym stands for). I think the DSL service is new. Alot of things are cheap, very cheap even in Iraq from petrol at 17 cents a litre to a manual labourer for 60 cents an hour, but an internet subscription is so bleeding expensive. Check it! 100 bucks a month for 64kb/sec connection and 270 bucks a month for a 256kb/sec connection.

Heard loads of booms at college around mid-day at college today. Pretty funky. While we were sitting in our last class of the day we could hear the voices of the guys in central plaza of the campus roaring mockingly in unison each time a boom was heard. There's a recurring message from all our teachers that goes along the lines that despite all the crap that's going on around us, we have to get on with what we've got to do, otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Od called just now suggesting that I come to his to sleep over, so that I may come with him to his uni for fun tomorrow. I didn't want to go to his in my car because then my car would get stuck at his place because tomorrow's a odd-day, and the day after I need to go to uni. Od tried to get to my house but there was too much traffic. So I'm just going to try and wake up really early tomorrow so that he comes and picks me up on his way to uni. It's a medical uni, so I'm planning to try to donate blood and finally find out what blood type I've got. I also want to get a panoramic x-ray of my teeth to check out where my wisdom teeth are now cause they've been kind of stuck for the past few years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SRNXFALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD TYPE, NEVER TOO LATE EITHER. AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD A LAPTOP REFERRED TOO AS A NOTEBOOK, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN TECH SAVVY/
REMY